Branch Holiday Closings
- New Year’s Day — Monday – January 01, 2018
- New Year’s Day — Tuesday – January 02, 2018
- Martin Luther King — Monday – January 15, 2018
- Presidents Day — Monday – February 19, 2018
- Mardi Gras — Tuesday – February 13, 2018
- Good Friday — Friday – March 30, 2018
- Memorial Day — Monday – May 28, 2018
- Independence Day — Wednesday – July 4, 2018
- Labor Day — Monday – September 03, 2018
- Columbus Day — Monday – October 08, 2018
- Veterans Day — Observed Monday – November 12, 2018
- Thanksgiving — Thursday – November 22, 2018
- Day after Thanksgiving — Friday – November 23, 2018
- Christmas Eve Monday — December 24, 2018 Close at Noon (Hours 8:00 – 12:00)
- Christmas — Tuesday — December 25, 2018
It is that time again. Hurricane season is here and it is best to prepare now for any possible events during the next several months.
Get your Official Louisiana Hurricane Survival Guide here.
Due to the unpredictability of potential storms we are not always in the position to give you advance notice when the Credit Union may have to close. We always anticipate being open for our regular business hours. However, due to inclement weather or a variety of other factors, it may become impossible for SWBE FCU to open its location. Keeping this in mind, we suggest you take care of all of your financial needs well ahead of any forecasted storm impact.This means whether you do your banking with the Sewerage & Water Board Employees Federal Credit Union or elsewhere.
In the event that we must close, you do have alternate ways to access your funds:
Service Centers: All members can request withdrawals, deposits, cash checks, and make loan payments at the Credit Union Service Center Locations. There are locations throughout the state and the country for you to use. Please call the location nearest where you are for instructions on how to get there and to ensure they are open for business. You must have your account number and valid identification.
Point of Sale Transactions: Use your Debit Card to get cash back for purchases you make at certain businesses. When you swipe your card if you select Debit and enter your PIN you will be given a cash back option. There is no fee for this service.
ATM’s: Use your Debit Card to access your checking account at any ATM.
Get cash ahead of time: During emergency situations you may not be able to rely on “plastic cards” as phone lines and networks may be down. Be sure to plan ahead and visit Sewerage & Water Board Employees Federal Credit Union or your nearest service center for your cash needs.
Sign up for Direct Deposit: With direct deposit you can be assured that your funds will be there when you need them. No need to worry about a lost check that needs to be deposited.
Home Banking: Is available to check your balance, transfer money as long as you have an internet connection. Please sign up now for Home banking.
Please be confident that we will do everything we can to give you access to your accounts. However, be prudent and be prepared for the possibility that the office may have to close at some point due to dangerous weather. If we must close early, all checks will clear, and electronic and automatic transactions will be posted to your account as usual.
Smart Phone Banking: Check balances and transfer funds anywhere you have service to your smart phone.